Shower Dysphoria

[ Go to bottom  |  Go to latest post  |  Subscribe to this topic  |  Latest posts first ]

transmed_tea

20, male

Shower Dysphoria

from transmed_tea on 12/24/2018 06:34 PM

I was wondering if anyone had any tips for not feeling so dysphoric in the shower? My parents don't want me to shower in the dark because they're afraid I might slip. I'm not sure what else to do. 

placebo.pills

21, male

Re: Shower Dysphoria

from placebo.pills on 12/24/2018 07:56 PM

i honestly just don't look down or in the mirror, unless i'm fully dressed. i've put most of the products that i use on one of those shower rack things so i don't have to bend down or anything. for body wash, i just try to get over it.
i'm sorry if this isn't very helpful, i don't really get shower dysphoria bc i only focus on getting cleaned foidg 

It's his Dema Dick.

meteorights

22, male

Re: Shower Dysphoria

from meteorights on 01/03/2019 12:13 AM

sometimes when i shower in the dark i crouch so im closer to the ground to avoid slipping, or use a slip-proof mat to stand on. if you absolutely need some light, try having a flashlight/phone light pointing in the opposite way to you so you can see the ground but your own body is harder to see. occasionally i will shower in a swimsuit (i have one with a binder in but some regular ones can be okay depending on how tight they are) which helps a bit

« Back to forum