children

[ Go to bottom  |  Go to latest post  |  Subscribe to this topic  |  Latest posts first ]

lemonvore

19, male

children

from lemonvore on 12/21/2018 09:43 PM

what do you guys think about people teaching children about lgbt? 

it really bothers me personally because children don't understand that stuff and with even a word wrong can really confuse them. i don't think it should go past "its okay if someone likes the same gender" and for transgender people all they need to know is that "they didn't feel comfortable before" like? children are children, they don't understand the world and they can get confused easily, want to copy people they look up too and that can lead to really bad things.

like i've seen people describe being gay to children as "loving the same gender" and it made me so disgusted because children don't understand love, they love everyone. for all they know, they would think loving both of their parents would make them bi. 

is it just me?

- wormboy, vincent

mini.soda

19, male

Re: children

from mini.soda on 12/21/2018 10:38 PM

kids shouldn't have sexuality forced on them even if it's straight. they should be taught about lgbt stuff though. it should just be a serious talk and not just a simple explanation because lgbt is complicated. it should be explained well.

lemonvore

19, male

from lemonvore on 12/21/2018 10:41 PM

like once someones a preteen, yes but i'm talking about like 5 or 8 year olds.
do you really think they should have a real explanation? even if the kid grows up lgbt, you can't know for sure when you're a child so i don't see the point in teaching them things that might end up misimforming them.

- wormboy, vincent

Reply Edited on 12/21/2018 10:42 PM.

mini.soda

19, male

from mini.soda on 12/21/2018 10:51 PM

oh okay yeah i get it now. i totally agree with you. give them a serious talk once they're a preteen but before that it shouldn't go past "some girls have crushes on other girls and some boys have crushes on other boys"

lemonvore

19, male

from lemonvore on 12/21/2018 10:53 PM

yeah!! it could just confuse them a lot if it goes past that n cause a lot of problems.

- wormboy, vincent

placebo.pills

21, male

from placebo.pills on 12/21/2018 11:47 PM

besides teaching them about gender/sexuality in a simple way, i think that raising kids "genderless" is completely harmful.

it is nice to allow your children to grow up without such strict gender stereotypes/roles (girls wear pink n girly stuff, boys wear blue and more masculine things) so they're able to learn what they're comfortable with on their own.
but there are parents right now that are refusin to use she/her or he/him for their children and constantly use they this, they that. the parents tells other people that their child is genderless or that they're waiting for the child to decide.

if a child has not been taught gender, there is no way for them to decide later on in life and it could completely throw them off as they come up with their concept of self-identity and the formation of it.

i can't say if it's as bad as the one experiment where they raised this boy (bio. male) as a girl* or as bad as parents quite literally forcing their children to become the opposite sex through early surgery because that's what they had hoped for.

*test subject was raised as a girl, he thought that surgery would alleviate his uncomfortability but it worsened; parents finally tell him that he was just raised that way so he detransitioned but then eventually killed himself, i believe? i can do more research on it but it's really old (still relevant)

It's his Dema Dick.

lemonvore

19, male

from lemonvore on 12/21/2018 11:51 PM

i remeber that, it was a guy who had a twin, neither of them where trans but one was raised a girl and has surgires as such but ended up not being agirl n it fucked him up to the point he killed himself,

i don't know fi it would be as bad as that but its definetly really bad
but yeah i realy agree with evyerhting you said,, children need to grow up as their birth gender even if their trans, besides less than %1 of people are trans anyways.

- wormboy, vincent

uwuscum

21, male

from uwuscum on 12/22/2018 10:27 PM

Teach kids it's okay to be themselves but dont teach about boutuntil later unless they have a gay aunt or something (like I do), then say that two women can love each other, but besides that they don't need to learn the nitty gritty until later. They aren't taught straight sex until middle school, gay sex can be the same way. 

« Back to forum