coming out advice

[ Go to bottom  |  Go to latest post  |  Subscribe to this topic  |  Latest posts first ]

rattstaad

21, male

coming out advice

from rattstaad on 12/22/2018 03:10 AM

ok so basically my choices are come out or commit death and either way I'm gonna ruin christmas for my family so... yeehaw

I'm kinda set on starting 2019 as a guy, yknow. New year new me, kinda? Dysphoria is making me die lmao

My mom will be supportive, she supports trans people. I'm not sure about my dad or my sister, both of them make transphobic jokes a lot and I'm not sure how serious they are? I know I won't get kicked out or anything drastic because my mom will be on my side, but it won't be pleasant with both my dad and sister up my ass about it. Hhhh

I think school will be okay. I have trans friends there who are out and they get deadnamed and misgendered by other kids a lot which sUcks but there isnt really real hatred or violence, and the teachers r pretty much all supportive and use people's names and pronouns.

I'm concerned about how this will affect my overall reputation..?? That sounds so stuck up oof. I live in a very small community and everybody knows everybody. I want to work at my local theatre company when I'm older and I already am v active in it and volunteer to help with the kids shows. I'm worried people in charge there will think I'm a freak and not want me around kids, yknow.

Basically I'm worried about transphobia and I don't know how to even begin to bring it up 

he/him

I like rats

instagram: @rattstaad (spam) or @ratbonezz (main)

placebo.pills

21, male

Re: coming out advice

from placebo.pills on 12/22/2018 03:19 AM

Mention it to your mom. If you're comfortable with her and you trust her, bring it up. You don't have to come out to everybody all at once if you are unsure about doing so.

Hopefully you can come out safely and make your way to feeling more comfortable n being out 

It's his Dema Dick.

mini.soda

19, male

from mini.soda on 12/22/2018 06:17 AM

bring up the topic to your dad and sister. if it’s safe, and theyre ok with it, then i suggest coming out around new years.

rat

26, male

from rat on 01/06/2019 05:42 AM

i showed my mom this vid on youtube short film called boy. and then she agreed to tell others because i couldnt do it. idk i thought its good to show it so she can see how he react and his mom and how important it is and stuff.

my mom agreed to tell rest of family thank god. my sis comes out as bi for me. and before mom tells older relatives she told her older co workers to see how they react.

at new school i went few weeks as girl and wrong name before i told the nurse and my teacher who then told my class because,,, once again i was too scared.

and yeah thats it. then everyone referred to me as a boy except few random people.

i had postponed enough. i couldnt be seen as a girl anymore no matter what.

mini.soda

19, male

from mini.soda on 01/09/2019 12:59 AM

so proud of u!! congratulations, you're so brave, i could never be that brave. i wish u good luck!

« Back to forum